Not the Duke's Darling by Elizabeth Hoyt

 


This is the first book in the Greycourt Series. I was actually supposed to read this one first but I somehow got the books mixed up and my ARC review for When a Rogue Meets His Match was due and I didn't want to fall behind. 😩 Here's my review:


Not the Duke's Darling by Elizabeth Hoyt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked Freya and Christopher. Despite the action that opens the book it took me a few chapters to finally find a good reading rhythm and really get into the story.

Freya is posing as a chaperone using a fake name as part of her mission as a Wise Woman. When the Duke of Harlowe appears at the house party she is attending, she fears he will recognize her and give away her true identity. She can't hide her dislike of him which of course leaves Christopher wondering if he's met her before and what could he have possibly done to deserve her ire.

Christopher is only attending this house party because his blackmailer has forced him to meet there. The blackmailer has letters that would expose his deceased wife and he'll do anything to protect her now.

When he finally recognizes Freya they are forced to face their difficult past and eventually their growing feelings.

View all my reviews

Pick up a copy today! Use the image link below and I get a small commission at no extra cost to you.

xo
Alicia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Forgotten Home Child by Genevieve Graham

Thursday Five....

Monday Pretties...