Diamond in the Rogue by Wendy LaCapra

Diamond in the RogueDiamond in the Rogue by Wendy LaCapra
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is the third book in the Lords of Chance series by Wendy LaCapra. There were things going on from the previous books that I didn't understand at first, so I'll probably go back and read those books.

In an act of revenge, Lord Rayne kissed Lady Julia and was sent packing to America. He's back to give his sister away in marriage and settle his affairs before returning to America. But when he sees Lady Julia the time and a distance apart has done nothing to dispel how he feels about her.
Lady Julia has given up on love because she'll only ever love Lord Rayne. Seeing him at her brother's wedding makes it easier for her to follow through Farring's idea and kidnap Rayne, compromising them both.

Whenever possible, put the good things about a book or author up front.
Criticize the book, not the author, if you don’t like what you’ve read. Explain why.
I really enjoyed this book. They are both in love with each other and have a hard time expressing their true feelings. And every time they talk, they seem to argue. Rayne doesn't think he is good enough to be a husband and especially not for Julia. For her, there is no one else. I enjoyed that this book moved at a quick pace. Right away there is an adventure as they travel to deliver a carriage. Finding themselves in such close quarters makes it harder to deny their feelings. The Lord and Lady also shared some steamy scenes.

I'm glad I requested this ARC from Entangled Publishing and was introduced to a new to me author. I'm looking forward to reading the other books in this series. And is Farring getting his own book?

#DiamondInTheRouge #NetGalley #EntangledPublishing


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Forgotten Home Child by Genevieve Graham

Thursday Five....

Monday Pretties...