Review: My Darling Duke by Stacy Reid

My Darling Duke (Sinful Wallflowers, #1)My Darling Duke by Stacy Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!

Kitty and her friends (the sinful Wallflowers) decide to take matters into their own hands after a few seasons of being ignored by the eligible bachelors of the ton. Now her family is facing financial ruin and she'll do anything to save them. Kitty resolves to spread the rumor that she is engaged to the reclusive Duke of Thornton, in order to secure strong matches for her sisters. No one has heard from the Duke in years and hopefully, he'll never find out before her sisters' weddings.

Kitty finds herself suddenly invited to all the important gatherings, everyone eager to meet her mysterious .fiancé. When the Duke suddenly appears, curious to meet the woman claiming to be his fiancé.

Where has Stacy Reid been all my life? This was my first novel from her and I couldn't get enough.
I really loved these characters Alexander was stoic and Kitty was endearing. They had great chemistry and banter. I loved the scenes where they spent time alone. In the garden, climbing the tree, etc. When he sent her away it was heartbreaking. I was tearing up, even though I knew they would be together in the end.


View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Forgotten Home Child by Genevieve Graham

Thursday Five....

Monday Pretties...