Handmade Journal, I Made it!

This has been my secret project for awhile now.
Make a journal out of recycled materials.
I've had the idea floating around for over a year now.
Especially since I have a ton of old magazines laying around.
I already save certain images to use in my personal journal.
But I wanted a way to use those pages that have great images on both sides.
I watched several videos before I decided on the way I wanted to bind it all together.
There were a  few test runs that were good but not great solutions.
So here is the final product.



I used a granola bar box and covered it with a paper bag I had laying around.
There was a ton of measuring for the pages and trimming the paper down to the right size.
Then I bound all my pages by sewing them into the spine of my book.
It was tedious but worth it.

I'm currently in the process of making more.
I gave my BFF one of the early prototypes so I can't wait to give her one of new and improved journals.
Would you be interested in a tutorial and/or buying one?

xo
Alicia


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Forgotten Home Child by Genevieve Graham

Thursday Five....

Monday Pretties...